1. The voice of Howard’s unseen overbearing mother is supplied by actress Carol Ann Susi.
2. Non-doctor Howard’s degree is an M.Eng.
3. Amy Farrah Fowler, the character played by actress Mayim Bialik, has a PhD in neurobiology; Bialik herself has a PhD in neuroscience.
4. Sheldon Cooper’s I.Q. is 187; Leonard Hofstadter’s is but 173. So there.
5. Penny’s father, Wyatt, is played by Keith Carradine, who won an Academy Award for the song “I’m Easy” from Nashville.
6. Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper) received good notices for his Broadway starring turn in a revival of Mary Chase’s comedy Harvey.
7. Sheldon Cooper hails from Galveston, TX; Jim Parsons hails from Houston, TX. (It’s a big state.)
8. Sheldon’s Mee-maw calls him “Moonpie” because “I’m nummy nummy and she could eat me all up.”
9. The initial pilot for the show featured as its theme “She Blinded Me With Science” by Thomas Dolby rather than the original Barenaked Ladies song that has since been used.
10. The origianl pilot did not include Penny, Howard or Raj; Leonard and Sheldon were instead joined by characters named Katie (who has the same general function as Penny) and Gilda.