1. Premiered January 31, 1999. Some show called Super Bowl apparently preceded it.
2. One of the few shows to be “brought back to life” (and one of the even fewer to be brought back successfully). It was cancelled in 2002 – but demand brought it back on May 1, 2005, and it’s been running happily since. (Thank God for online petitions and DVD sales.)
3. The series’ genesis goes back to 1995, when creator Seth McFarlane made a short called The Life of Larry as his thesis project at the Rhode Island School of Design. Larry eventually evolved (if that’s the right word) into Peter.
4. At one point, McFarlane pitched the idea of Family Guy as a series of short pieces to run on MADtv. I guess Alfred E. Neuman, afraid of the competition, nixed that idea.
5. The character of Bonnie was pregnant for something like six years. (Don’t even want to think about how long the labor might have been.)
6. Pawtucket Patriot Ale is the drink that Peter prefers to imbibe. Good enough endorsement for me!
7. High Times named Brian “Stoner of the Year” in 2009. He may have been too out of it to notice.
8. References to The Jetsons and The Flintstones are numerous on the series. And at my house.
9. What tattoo does Brian sport? One of famed comic strip character Ziggy. (Now that’s creepy!)
10. Judging by a bumper sticker on his car, Brian supported Dennis Kucinich in at least one presidential race.