2. His father, Billy Hardwick, was a professional bowler and the first person to win the PBA (Professional Bowlers Association) triple crown and was named PBA Player of the Year twice. (I, on the other hand, would consider it a victory if when I bowled, I kept the ball in my own lane rather than in my neighbor’s.)
3. Hardwick’s first hosting duty was on the game show Trashed in 1993, which, from what I can tell, was a pilot that didn’t sell. (That’s not a criticism; I’ve never even had a pilot, period.)
4. More successful was his gig on MTV’s Singled Out, PBS’s Wired Science, and G4’s Web Soup.
5. He started on The Nerdist, with co-hosts Jonah Ray and Matt Mira, when it was first podcast in 2010 and moved with it to its BBC American incarnation, starting in 2011.
6. Hardwick also performs with Mike Phirman as the music/comedy duo Hard and Phirm. (Puns. Gotta love ‘em. Especially the juvenile ones.)
7. Hardwick has also done some voiceover work, including giving Green Arrow a voice in an animated Batman series. (A 10 Facts post could probably focus just on the different types of arrows in Green Arrow’s quiver.)
8. The Nerdist podcast has corralled some big name guests, including Tom Hanks and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
9. The cast and show runner of Doctor Who took on Hardwick and friends in a bowling match during this year’s Comic Con. (It would be impolite of me to say who won and by how much.)
10. Hardwick attended UCLA and studied philosophy; for a time, his roommate was actor Wil Wheaton. (Wheaton, for what it’s worth, wins my “best sport” award for his appearances as Sheldon Cooper’s arch enemy on The Big Bang Theory.)