1. Lois was there from the beginning, in the first Superman story in Action Comics #1 (June, 1938).
2. Lois has a younger sister, Lucy, who at one time was an airline flight attendant and had an on-again, off-again relationship with Jimmy Olsen. (Perhaps she eventually preferred the friendly skies to Jimmy’s friendly eyes.)
3. Her telephone number is 101-555-0820. (Don’t try it.)
4. This intrepid investigative reporter has been awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Journalism (in the comic books – not in the real world.)
5. She was portrayed by Lesley Ann Warren in the TV version of the Broadway musical It’s a Bird… It’s a Plane…It’s Superman! (By the time they finished “adapting” it for TV, the title was longer than the show itself.)
6. Lois is mentioned in numerous song lyrics, including “Love the Way You Lie” by Eminem, “Rapper’s Delight” by The Sugarhill Gang, and, of course, “Lois Lane” by Sloppy Seconds.
7. Lois married Clark Kent (both on TV and in the comics) in 1996. With the recent reboot of the comic book series, they are now back in the early days of their relationship and are not at this time married.
8. Lois’ own comic book ran for an impressive 137 issues from 1958 to 1974.
9. Lois is skilled in the Kyptonian martial art of Klurkor. (Must be interesting trying to keep her skill level up when the only other people on Earth who know it all have super-strength.)
10. In Brazilian comics, Lois was known for many years as “Miriam Lane.” (What? Was the publisher’s daughter named Miriam?)